We are currently recruiting for HE Panels for BTEC Nationals in the below subjects:
- Health and Social Care
- Applied Science
- Applied Human Biology
- Applied Psychology
- Children's Play, Learning and Development
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.
An external reviewer is expected to conduct a written or recorded verbal review of the appropriateness of qualification(s) or unit(s) assigned to them. The reviewer must have sector/subject knowledge and/or experience relevant to the qualification(s)/unit(s) being reviewed.
The ability to comment on the appropriateness of the qualification/unit in terms of:
- Suitability of unit title(s), unit aims and unit abstract
- Suitability of unit content in terms of its currency, depth/breadth of difficulty and amount
- Appropriateness of grading descriptors (if used)
- Suitability of delivery and assessment guidance
- Currency and suitability of suggested resources
- Overall impressions of the specification/unit in relation to its fitness for purpose for learners and their progression.
- Educated to a level 4 standard or above with relevant qualifications for the sector/subject area of choice
- Preferably hold a relevant teaching qualification
- Good communication skills
- Confident use of Information technology to provide the review
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Desirable: Current experience of delivering the qualification
- And/or if appropriate: Experience of working in the sector.
Application Information Please don't apply for this vacancy unless you are already on the HE Panel. Any other applicant will be rejected.